[mythtv-users] Position saved does not save the position correctly

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Sep 16 17:54:42 EDT 2003

Naoyuki Tai wrote:

> In 0.10 days, "Position saved" worked perfectly.
>
> In 0.11, "Position saved" does not work quite well.
> Most of the time, it simply looses the position.
>
> Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Sorry about this too ;-). There was a belief that users
wouldn't be able to figure out how to watch from the beginning
of a show if a bookmark existed (or something silly like that).
I battled hard to preserver valid bookmarks and the resultant
compromise is in the playback options.

Go to Setup->TV Settings->Playback then uncheck the last two
options on the first page: "Clear Saved Position on playback"
and "Alternate Clear Saved Position". These are both destructive
by default. Uncheck them and your bookmarks will be left in peace.

--  bjm