[mythtv-users] Couple of questions

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 23:38:33 EDT 2003

Hi list,

just got a couple of questions regarding things that have suddenly
changed in my MythTV operation. I'm using Debian Sid btw, and have
compiled MythTV from source.

Anyway, first thing I've noticed is that for the last day or two, when I
kick off mythbackend (with -v), the first thing that gets output to
screen is:
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used

I have not changed MythTV at all, so I'm assuming this is related to
updates to Debian which came down when I did an "apt-get upgrade". Are
these messages important? Operation of backend seems just the same, but
I was surprised to see mythbackend talking about GUI.

Second question is regarding the fonts used in mythfrontend. Basically,
the font used all over the frontend, including the menus, tv guide, etc
etc has changed in the last day. I'm assuming this was again due to an
upgrade to Debian. It led to me wondering where the font used for the
frontend comes from. It's not set in mythfrontend->settings->appearance
(size of fonts is there, but not font). Can anyone tell me where the
font is set? It has reverted to a serif font which is quite hard to read
and not very good looking.

Best regards,
Andrew