[mythtv-users] Re: Lirc irw problems...

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 16 17:10:51 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:47:17AM -0500, Shay - MythTV wrote:

> Jarod,
>
> Thanks for looking.  Here is my modules.conf.
>
> # For ivtv
> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r'/drivers/media/video
> # For bttv and saa7134
> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/v412
> # default path
> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`

Look at the first `uname -r`: The second backtick is mistyped.

Fix that and run depmod. Then have a look at
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep
It should mention the desired modules before the legacy ones, and
dependencies should be drawing the new modules.

If all ist right, unload all associated modules and restart your apps,
the modules should load correctly.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de