[mythtv-users] Hard time with Hauppauge Nexus-S setup

Tue Sep 16 10:18:59 EDT 2003

OK, it's quite hard to get setup at the moment, but there is a somewhat straightforward method if you have an analogue card (or just lie and tell the installer that you do have.

Here's probably the easiest method right now.

Run through setup as though you have an analogue card.  Run "Mythfilldatabase --manual" and let it grab your analogue channel data (tell it channum's like 1, 2, 3, etc for convenience unless you really do have an analogue card and want to try that first)

Then go into the database and look at cardinputs, channels and channels_dvb

Cardinputs (I think it is this table) needs to be tweaked so that it says type DVB instead of V4L and set DVB-type field to be "S".

Then go into the channels_dvb table and setup matching entries for every row in channels_dvb

To work out what the params are run a "scan" command to get a .szap channels.conf file (or perhaps you have one already), or use your vdr style channels.conf.  This gives you all the info you need to setup channels.conf

Tip: Setup just one or two to start with!

Please feel free to come back with specific questions.  Check the list for everything with DVB in the subject though.  There is a lot of stuff, especially about 4-5 months ago.

Automatic setup is on it's way though!

Ed W