[mythtv-users] mythweb - streaming and system monitoring

and hons at rcn.com
Tue Sep 16 00:16:50 EDT 2003

I really like the mythweb interface and I'm now using it more than the
tv interface to setup recordings, solve conflicts and delete content.

I'm thinking about setting a backend box up with one or two pvr250
cards and only web access..... The goal would be to access/record tv
programs in the US and and then transfer them to a machine in Europe
where I would watch them. That way I could watch all the latest shows
when the new season starts next week... ;-)

I remember that I saw somewhere a while ago that it might even be
possible to watch the recorded shows as a stream via the mythweb
interface at some point. How is this coming along?

I'm also having a problem with my pvr-250-ivtv input and have to
restart everyday as the firmware freezes and I was wondering if it
would be possible to add a page or set of web pages to handle the
system monitoring/management such as reboot manually (or automatically
when a freeze is detected), and to check that everything is working
properly etc. I can and do this via ssh today, but a web interface
would just be more friendly and pretty cool.... ;-)

rgds
anders