[mythtv-users] mythweb - Activate button

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Mon Sep 15 16:11:46 EDT 2003

In the scheduled recordings page of mythweb I get an 'Activate' button
next to a show if either of the followign are true:

a.  I have set a show to 'keep x number of shows' and there is already x
number of the shows recorded.
b.  I have more shows scheduled than I have tuners and that show is
lowest ranked (or however it determines conflict resolution - I haven't
figured this out since  it actually ISN'T the lowest ranked show, though
rankings obviously do come into play).

Clicking on 'Activate' doesn't seem to do anything.  It refreshes the page,
but the page still looks the same.  What is the function of this button?

A search on the mailing list brought up the following reference to Activate
in the original mythweb "All it does is delete the entry for that program
from oldrecorded which should have the effect of allowing that program to
either be recorded or be in conflict in which case it can then be resolved
the normal way".  I don't understand how this pertains to either of the
situations above, and only assume that it's supposed to operate the same
way in the new mythweb.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Bob C.