[mythtv-users] kt133 mobo doing better

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Mon Sep 15 11:35:06 EDT 2003

For those that may be having problems still with the kt133 chipset and pvr
cards:

Mythbackend was crashing for me left & right, locking up the frontend.
(Note:  my machine was *not* hanging however).

I finally got the latest ivtv drivers working (patched v4l2 onto vanilla
kernel sources, *not* redhat9's source)...

All of Friday night, and all of last night (I was out of town for the
weekend), Myth stayed up no problem.  This included a scheduled 2-hour
recording and lots of live tv viewing.  I will report back maybe at the of
the week (or when it crashes again), but I just wanted to give everyone a
heads up to try out the latest ivtv drivers and see if that helps with this
issue...

William Boyd, II
Web Developer
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.