[mythtv-users] Extract MP3 from MPEG2 or Nupple Video stream?

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Sep 15 08:20:12 EDT 2003

At 01:33 AM 9/15/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>If you're really concerned about quality, you can extract the raw mp2
>stream from the PVR250 file with something like this:
>
>tcextract -i input.nuv -a 0 -x mp3 > output.mp2
>
>No transcoding necessary.  But you'll still have commercials.

Thanks Jim.  I'll give that a try.  Is there an easy way to get from MPEG2
to MPEG3 audio format?  I want to be able to listen to it on my portable
MP3 player.

The other question, which perhaps someone else can answer is, is it
possible to cut the commercials without transcoding the file or can you do
a cut and leave it in its native format?

-Jeff