[mythtv-users] Extract MP3 from MPEG2 or Nupple Video stream?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Sep 14 20:48:24 EDT 2003

> I recently recorded a great concert with my Myth box and would like to cut
> out the commercials from the commercial skip cut list and then extract the
> audio to an MP3 file.  Can anyone recommend an easy way to achieve
> this?  The file is a PVR 250 file but I can easily transcode it to MP4.

Don't transcode it - every time you do so, you lose quality...

My suggestion would be to use the new mythtranscode.  output to fifo's,
with the --fifosync option enabled..  then cat the video fifo to
/dev/null, and read the audio fifo into your favorite audio encoder
(it'll be a standard PCM stream).

-Chris