[mythtv-users] Great, another jitter thread

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 12 16:56:14 EDT 2003

On Friday, Sep 12, 2003, at 15:01 US/Pacific, Keith C wrote:

> Hey, just because I said the new modules.conf fixed my scratchy sound
> and back-to-back recording problem, it doesn't mean it did anything for
> jitter.

Well, that's why I said I'm not certain if it would help. I was just
hoping. ;p

> I'm jittering like crazy, always have.  I've got jitter
> reduction on and de-interlace on, and I tried Experimental A/V Sync
> once, but it blew up my backend (required a reboot to fix, restarting
> the service did nothing).

Fun!... I'm still puzzled why some people have such bad jitter problems
while others don't, unless it is mostly a perception issue, but I think
there's more to it... I'm not really seeing any common thread between
systems that do it though...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE