[mythtv-users] Must recording re-start when swtching channel?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 16:12:49 EDT 2003

I got home today for my lunch hour and I noticed that I've left livetv
on all morning.  I switch channels and it took about 20 seconds to
respond.  I was almost reaching for the power button...

I assume that it was because the livetv buffer was large and it took a
while to erase it (is that right?)  After that channel changing took its
usual 3-5 secs (which is nothing to write home about either btw)

---> My questions:

why must the buffer be cleared?

Can we not just keep recording and when we rewind livetv we just see the
channel change happen backwards?

just wondering...

-jose-