[mythtv-users] Re: TV-Out: AITech Scan Converter vs CX2587x

Fred byq1iis02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:50:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 19:52, martin dollenkp wrote:
> My Extron Super Emotia has component outputs but just looking at it and its
> rgbs and different than the tv.

> I have tried some of the consumer scan converters like the Aitech multipro and
> the Focus Enhancements Tview gold and tv out from older Matrox and Ati video
> cards over the years and there is just no comparison to something like a
> Scan-Do 1024, and the Scan-Do on ebay is cheaper. Just ignore the people that
> are trying to sell them for $700 bucks, cheaper ones come on regularly.

Now I'm torn:  Should I buy a Scan-Do on eBay and use the S-Video out or
should I try a consumer class converter like the Ultimate XP Pro that
has component outs?  Martin, you seem pretty knowledgeable, what do you
think?

Ideally I'd also like to be able to play back interlaced video.  Have
you been able to find a solution for that or did you give up?

Fred