[mythtv-users] Myth in a "viewer only" configuration?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 17:15:18 EDT 2003

Any video card that supports the Xv extensions FOR TV-OUT (some cards
support it but only on the first head) will work for Myth.  If you want to
set up a second card for a second independent X server, basic XFree86
requirements apply.  (NB: my previous comment about setting up 2 X servers
only applies to a 2-video card setup)

> Also, (hope I'm not spawning a distribution flamewar here) if I was
> going to install a "fresh" linux distribution for Myth purposes, which
> is best/easiest?  RH, Debian, Mandrake, etc.?

I believe the main developers (Isaac et al) use Debian.  RH (7.3, 8 & 9) and
Gentoo seem pretty popular here, too.  I use RH8 myself, plus I've done a
frontend-only setup on TopologiLinux (Slackware-based).

-JAC