[mythtv-users] 54G wireless info

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Wed Sep 10 15:08:26 EDT 2003

I have my SMC2802 PCI 11g card working in linux (though currently I only
have it connected to an 11b network).  There are two driver projects for
11g that I'm aware of, one for the ISL3890 chipset
(http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/802.11g/) and the other for the Atheros
chipset (http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/).  I'm using the ISL3890
driver and it works great.  Please note that I'm a virually a complete
newbie to linux and I got it to work so that should be pretty encouraging to
anyone else who was interested and has a supported chipset.

Bob Cottingham