[mythtv-users] MythGallery feature suggestions

James Boike jboike at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 10 01:58:02 EDT 2003

With the help of a bunch of people I finally have my box (almost)
running smoothly, hopefully with little impact to the list. Thanks a ton
to all.

I have some ideas for MythGallery and don't believe I've seen them
discussed here. After using Adobe Photoshop Album (great app) I think
MythGallery's functionality/usability could be improved. One of the
great things about finally having digital photos in the living room are
impromptu viewings and slideshows -- Adobe's cataloging system makes
this extremely easy and organized. Pardon the explanation if this is
obvious: each photo is like a song -- but instead of pre-defined genre,
title, album tags for a song, the user assigns any number of tags to a
photo from a user-defined pool of tags. A great photo of my brother, my
friends and me skiing might get these tags: "Jamey," "Family,"
"Friends," "Vacation," "Favorite." You then create and view photo
collections by choosing any combination of tags as a filter, i.e. I want
to see all vacation photos with my family in them = "family" + "vacation."

I've already rambled in too much detail -- let me know if this makes
sense, has already been suggested... I haven't coded anything since
Pascal in 1992, but I'd be eager to help in any way possible.

take it easy,
Jamey