[mythtv-users] PVR Project for beginner

Jared Farnum jared at Slidellweb.com
Tue Sep 9 21:50:03 EDT 2003

I am wanting to build a PVR computer but do not have any linux experience, I do however have a brother who has done software development projects for linux :-), I rather keep my questions to him at a minimum. The area I am wanting to put this pc is very small, so the computer needs a small case.

I am thinking of getting
AMD AthlonŽ XP 2400+ Thoroughbred Bare CPU W/Shuttle SK41G BareBone
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3651815

and I already have a Matrox G200 TV card and am hoping to use that.

My question is how easy is how easy or how much of a challenge is this system going to be for a beginner? Is the above configuration a good one? What else should I know before taking on this project?

Thanks
Jared