[mythtv-users] LIRC gpio "could not reset tty"

Martin Brown martin.brown at macquarie.com
Wed Sep 10 14:17:48 EDT 2003

I'm unable to start lircd.  Keep getting this error message.

I've seen posts saying to open the permissions on /dev/lirc*. I've done that but
still get this message from lircd (running as root). After a clean boot,
manually loading lirc_gpio module, start lircd by hand so I can't see how the
device could have been claimed by some other process.

Relevant /dev entries are:

crw-rw-rw- /dev/lirc
srw-rw-rw- /dev/lircd
prw-rw-rw- /dev/lircm

RedHat9, Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP tuner with remote socket on the card.

Thanks,
Martin Brown