[mythtv-users] blanking screen

Chris Poch cpoch at vt.edu
Tue Sep 9 17:12:04 EDT 2003

I also have a Shuttle SK41G.  I currently use only the TV out, but
started with just an old computer monitor attached to the built in video
card.

I could not get the RH9 graphical setup to complete, but had no problems
using text based setup.  I was able to get X going with the standard
VESA driver.  I was limited to either 640 x 480 or 1024 x 768
resolution.  I wanted to use 800 x 600 (it was a 15" monitor), but
couldn't get any monitor to sync to the shuttle's 800 x 600 output.  I
do use 800 x 600 with the TV out.

I hear that only the vesa driver at 640 x 480 will work with RH9 out of
the box.  So make sure that you run up2date on your box.  Then you
should be able to use the following XFConfig sections to make it all
work.  Note that all you have to do to switch between TV output and VGA
output is reboot (output is detected at boot, not by X configuration,
meaning that the same X configuration should work for TV out or VGA
out).  The following is the XFConfig that I use, with the addition of a
1024 x 768 mode, since you probably don't want to use 640 x 480 on a
monitor:
-Chris

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"