[mythtv-users] Gyration mouse/keyboard and RH9

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 15:06:34 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 05:22 pm, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday, Sep 9, 2003, at 06:01 US/Pacific, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 09 September 2003 04:16 pm, Dr. Doug L. Hoffman wrote:
> >> I've just installed mythtv on a pundit box with a PVR 250 and
> >> everything
> >> seems great. I moved my Gyration keyboard and mouse to the pundit and
> >> the mouse doesn't seem to be working correctly after configuring the
> >> device(s) on reboot. The mouse will only move the cursor vertically.
> >> Does anyone have any pointers about this? I did some archive searches
> >> but there wasn't anything uptodate. Thx.
> >>
> >> Doug
> >

> > Did you have a mouse working on this system previously?  Was it PS/2
> > or USB?
> > Do you have the following in your /etc/X11/XF86Config?
> >
> > -JAC
>
> And did you do all the teaching stuff?... I've occasionally had to
> re-teach my mouse and keyboard after major changes to my system (like a
> clean install, sometimes).
>
> --Jarod

Really?  That's surprising.  I don't think you should ever have to re-teach
the Gyration receiver unless maybe it loses power for a while... that's
completely a hardware function between the transmitter (kbd,mouse) and the
receiver unit.  The only times I've had to re-teach have been when my
hardware was in the process of failing (twice...)

-JAC