[mythtv-users] kt133 problem question

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Sep 9 09:45:06 EDT 2003

Thanks for all the feedback!

I was going to try the "disable unmaskirq" fix yesterday, but as luck would
have it, I couldn't not get my box to crash first for a fair test.  A couple
hours of watching tv, recording while watching, anything.  So I went to bed
& scheduled an overnight recording, and sure enough it was there this
morning.  ???  I rebooted yesterday so maybe that cleared out some extra
modules I had insmod'ed while getting myth, ivtv, & lircd up and going.
(note: this was with unmaskirq still on)

I'll do a few more reboots & tests in the coming days.  It would be nice if
this board is ok for now, because I'd like to not spend the money on a new
one.  But someday I will.  On that ECS K7S5A... I just happened to be
reading reviews on NewEgg for that last night, and while most of the reports
were great, there were a few really bad ones (enough to scare me).  The
solutions suggested for those having problems:  more power, better cooling.
Since I plan on building a small box & stuffing it in my entertainment
center, lots of power & cooling are two things I don't want to have to go
high-end on.  How are you running this board right now Steven?

Thanks again...

- Willy