[mythtv-users] mythtranscode to avi works with mencoder 1.0pre1

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 8 20:51:00 EDT 2003

> using mencoder-0.91.  No dice.  With --fifosync, there's a deadlock
> for some reason.  Without --fifosync, it keeps having to allocate
> audio buffers, despite the several additional rawaudio parameters I
> tried.

--fifosync makes mythtranscode wait for all audio and video data to be
read before it spits more out.  When a single program is reading both
streams, it won't read them the same way that 2 separate programs do,
and mythtranscode will end up waiting for audio or video to be read,
while the program is waiting for audio/video to be sent.

the help should probably read "it will probably not work if one program
is reading both streams"....

-Chris