[mythtv-users] IR transmitter and receiver recommendation

Eric Aversa eaversa at omnesys.com
Mon Sep 8 17:10:40 EDT 2003

On the other hand if it is not one of those models, I, along with other
people, have been able to compile two sets of the lirc modules- one for
receiving (and controlling an IR device which listens to your remote
control) and one for sending (i.e. controlling an IR blaster). I got the
Actisys 200 to drive my echostar box, while I am using the remote for
the Hauppauge PVR 250 card.

But if you can control your AT&T box with a serial connection, that
seems like it would be much better.

Eric Aversa