[mythtv-users] Lirc working finally. I hope the lesson learned can help someone else

and hons at rcn.com
Mon Sep 8 13:22:03 EDT 2003

As the more ignorant person on the list its is with great pride I can
tell that I finally got lirc to work and want to tell how in case
someone else might run into the same problem in the future.

It turned out to be a simple matter of multiple and incompatible lircd
installations. I'm using a stock 2.4.20-8 rh9 kernel, so I can also use
the via driver set on my epia m10k and had originally installed lircd
0.66 on it and it worked fine.

When I also installed the 2.4.20-20_23.1 atrpms from berlin along with
myth 0.11, I got a new version of lircd 0.7.0 installed in that runtime
environment along the apps with it and the two lirc installatons didn't
like each other.

I didn't realize this and tried to fix the 2.4.20-8 installation with a
completely fresh cvs installation of lirc, but what I didn't realize
was this version for some odd reason didn't like the 0.7.0-cvs atrpm I
had installed.

When I finally compiled and installed again using the atrpms source
package it worked.

rgds
anders