[mythtv-users] resolution discussion

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 8 10:22:59 EDT 2003

On Monday, Sep 8, 2003, at 06:10 US/Pacific, Derek Anderson wrote:

> > philosophical differences with them). Also, if you're going to spend
> > that much money on a TV, I'd be hesitant to buy anything BUT a
> > full-fledged HDTV... What benefit is there to getting a castrated,
> > overpriced set, more or less halfway between standards (NTSC & ATSC)?
> > Just my $.02... :)
>
> because i don't yet have any sources for more than 480 lines.  cable,
> DVD.  why pay the $1300 premium when it could be years before i can
> watch anything but a broadcast version of friends (blech) in HDTV?

Why pay $2700 for a castrated set? I paid under $2000 for an outright
HDTV. Granted, it is rear projection, and not plasma, but... I just
can't see spending that kind of money for a half-ass set. I suppose if
you aren't going to get anything but NTSC broadcast for some time, that
would be a factor. Around Seattle, I can get quite a few HD channels
now...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE