[mythtv-users] Re: mythfilldatabase not working properly

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Mon Sep 8 17:53:53 EDT 2003

Hi,

i think you should have added --manual to the first run of
mythfilldatabase. This way, you would have had to define the so-called
xmltvid by hand for each channel. This xmltvid links a program entry in
your xmltv file with one channel. As you experienced with the 2nd run of
mythfilldatabase, if an unknown xmltvid is found in the xmltv file, a
new channel is added (can be disabled with --no-update iirc).

So you could remove the duplicate channels, add proper xmltvid's for your
channels and try again.

Bye, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson