[mythtv-users] Serial port Infrared Tx/Rx

Torry Akins takins at flatblacknova.com
Sun Sep 7 22:27:38 EDT 2003

Hi all,

The main thing I have left to do is to build an infrared transceiver.  I
am going down this path because it seems like one of the few options
that allow for a transmitter and receiver under the control of a single
lirc daemon. If I am wrong, please let me know.   I have uploaded a
schematic of my current design.

http://www.flatblacknova.com/download/board1.pdf

A couple notes.

This board would be about 1" x 1.5".
It would plug into the serial port.
The IR emitter and detector are attached to the board by wires.
It requires external 5V.  (I was going to get it from the USB port)

I'm not sure what polarity the lirc is expecting
I added jumpers to invert the polarity of the tx and rx signal (this
could be done in software, but I don't know how easy it is)

I would appreciate any comment and/or suggestions before I layout the
PCB and have some boards made.

Thanks,

Torry