[mythtv-users] onboard sound vs sound card and connections

Kurt Fleschner kfleschner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 7 21:18:54 EDT 2003

Hi
I was wondering what people's experiences with 5.1 channel onboard
sound versus a seperate sound card, espically when connecting to
speakers and the such. I was looking at boards, but none of them have 6
plugs. How does one get 6 speakers hooked up to one of these boards? Is
it simplier to just grab a card with enough jacks? Also, what are
people's experiences with speakers in general and computers. I've never
bought a 5.1 speaker set for computers. Any pointers on what to look
for? Thanks.