[mythtv-users] 54G wireless info

Tom Trelvik mythtvuser at triple-t.org
Sun Sep 7 11:53:21 EDT 2003

Keith C wrote:
> Just watch the requirements on the Ethernet-Wireless bridges.  Most of
> them require a specific make and model base station to work.

	Exactly.  I was thinking about going with the Buffalo access point
discussed in this article.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2003/08/28/wireless_bridging.html

	It would take a decent performance hit to use two as access points,
though, so I would suggest setting one of the AP's to ignore local
clients and just be a bridge, while the other is both a bridge & an AP.
  This will also help performance by reducing interference from the fact
that they have to be on the same channel to do their bridging.  I've
also read that, while Buffalo doesn't guarantee interoperability, it's
been seen to work well with the Apple Airport Xtreme's, and possibly others.

	This Buffalo AP sounds similar to the D-Link you describe in most
respects, though, and I found it for about $100.

Tom