[mythtv-users] Re:Re:Mythweb2 mouseover popups

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Sep 6 12:26:34 EDT 2003

> Any thoughts about the possibility of streaming the saved recordings to a
> computer connected via mythweb2?

If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it "right" and not provide a
symlink to the recordings directory (this has been done, and it's a
pretty easy hack).

Basically, I've thought about this, but want to get the settings section
at least reasonably finished before attempting this.  I know that a lot
of people are running mythweb on a machine other than their mythbackend
machine, and so I'd need to write code to download the compressed
content from the backend as well as the simple method of checking for
local files and passing them back to the browser via a php script
instead of a direct link.

Anyway, it *is* on the todo list, and if someone wants to contribute
code that doesn't just symlink out of the web tree, I'd probably commit
it...

-Chris