[mythtv-users] Nehemiah Performance

Itai Tavor itai at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 6 19:35:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:41:01 Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Friday 05 September 2003 08:23 pm, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>>> I still get it with VeXP, but could you try current CVS myth?  I
>>> believe
>>> I've fixed the problem.  It's completely gone here, at least.  The
>>> OSD
>>> should look quite a bit nicer, too, though still B&W.
>>
>> Works like a charm! No problems whatsoever.
>> And the OSD looks fine to me ;-)
>
> Great, glad for the confirmation that it works on more than just my
> box.
> Wasn't too difficult a problem, just me assuming that the driver wasn't
> braindead and had some small amounts of internal locking.

You can add another confirmation, Isaac :) I've been struggling with a
MythTV system for weeks, and it's finally starting to come together.
I'm seeing around 10-15% watching live TV, jumping to around 35% when
the OSD fades out, but no stutter.

I'm still having problems, though - I can view TV at 480x320, but when
set to 720x576 I get a screen full of green lines, under which the TV
picture can be barely seen. That seems to be the only big problem at
the moment, other than the GUI corruption which was mentioned before.
Could anyone who's got this hardware setup working well post some
details about their software setup, for comparison?

My current setup:

EPIA M10000
PVR-250
RedHat 9
Kernel 2.4.22-rc2-ac3
XFree86 4.3.99.11 (latest CVS)
VIA video driver from CLEXF40030-lite package
MythTV 0.11 (latest CVS)

Itai

Itai Tavor                       "Je sautille, donc je suis."
itai at iinet.net.au                           - Kermit the Frog
-- "Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
-- "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.