[mythtv-users] Celeron processors with MythTV

Michael Peay mythtv at peay.us
Fri Sep 5 22:28:02 EDT 2003

You probably have some other performance issue. I just built a pundit
with a 2.4GHz Celeron. When recording 480x480 MPEG4 with increased
quality settings from default AND playback of pre-recorded show I have
55-60% idle. I also have to BT tuners and can record both without
noticed (yet) drops. I haven't tried playing a show while recording
two, but should be able to since playback only takes 3-5% CPU.

   --Mike