[mythtv-users] Recommendations for quiet Athlon cooling?

Michael D. Cencula mythtvuser at cencula.com
Fri Sep 5 23:08:05 EDT 2003

I'm using a Thermalright SLK-800 cpu heatsink with a Vantec Stealth 80mm fan
on top of my Athlon XP 2100.  CPU temperatures (IIRC) are around 45C.  I've
also got another Vantec Stealth 80mm fan in the case.  Both of these are dead
silent.  About 50 percent of the noise comes from my Western Digital 200GB
hard drive, about 40% from the power supply fan, and about 10% from the fan
on the Matrox G400 video card.