[mythtv-users] number keys won't change channel any more andrecording can't change channel either

and hons at rcn.com
Fri Sep 5 19:40:59 EDT 2003

No purple galaxy. so I have everything in a vertical layout (I have the
old black remote)
The strangeness continues.....

When I i boot with 2.4.20-20_23.1 kernel I get all kinds of messed up
ui in  myth and can't change channels as well as osd without text.

When I boot with 2.4.20-8 I have a clean UI, but still can't navigate
channels.
Mplayer works fine with both kernels, but myth doesn't... go figure.

I guess one reason I have messed up UI could be that I've installed the
via drivers on both and it's only intended for 2.4.20-8.. ;-0, but is
was easier than having two different XF86configs......

I instsalled the lirc package for 2.4.20-20_23.1 last night and it
might be the reason or it could be the self compiled lirc I installed
for 2.4.20-8 (I couldn't find a precompiled package)

Somehow there is a break in the communication between myth and ivtv,
but it seems to get the resolution setings from myth so I guess it
could also be between mythfrontend and the back end, but it's beyond me
to diagnose it..

Any suggestions?

rgds
anders