[mythtv-users] GeForce4 MX 440 not happy with my AV reciever

Kevin Stone kevin at pitchpole.net
Fri Sep 5 16:13:15 EDT 2003

I have an Apollo Bloody Monster Card with the Nvidia Chipset.

While testing in the office I never had a problem with the
card detecting the TV connected to the Composite Port

When I moved the machine to the Living room and tried to plumb
the connection through my AV reciever the card refused to
recognize the TV at either the BIOS level or in X

I have played with the various XF86config settings to no avail.

Is it possible to get this card to give up trying to auto detect
at boot and just use the Composite so I can run it through the AV
reciever. Even If it just worked in X I could deal with being
blind durring the boot process.

Current XF86Config for XFree86-4.3.0-2

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "0"
        Option      "Nologo" "0"
        Option      "TwinView" ""
        Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
        Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option      "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "CRT DFP"
        Option      "MetaModes" "800x600, 800x600; 640x480, 640x480;"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
        Option      "TVOverScan" "0.7"
EndSection

lspci -v
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX
440] (re
v a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 248, IRQ 11
        Memory at ec000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0