[mythtv-users] Re:Mythweb version 0.11 no previews

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Sep 5 12:33:52 EDT 2003

> I went into the main apache config and set AllowOverride to All. I also set
> chmod 777 for image_cache and php_sessions.

ok, yeah.  I updated the README to reflect that.  Though my guess is
that it was just creating the sessions in /tmp (the default, since
.htaccess was being prevented from changing the php settings)

I moved the sessions to a local directory so that they won't go away
when /tmp is flushed at reboot.

> Still nothing in image_cache. Looks like we are making some progress....

I'm pretty confused at this.  My next suggestion is going to require you
to do some digging into the php code..  basically, in
includes/mythbackend.php there is a function called
generate_preview_pixmap - something in there is going wrong and not
generating your preview pixmaps...

You might want to delete all of the current .png files from your video
storage directory to make sure that mythbackend is even creating them,
too.

-Chris