[mythtv-users] Geforce2 and Overscan

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 09:04:17 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 22:34, Bill Peck wrote:
> I run the following command from my login Session:
>
> sudo /usr/local/bin/nvtv -t -S NTSC -r 640,480 -s Huge -X
>
> I found that 800x600 with the GeForce 2 caused some weird ghosting with
> overscanning.  But 640x480 works fine.  I also had to turn the tv on,
> off, and then back on with 800x600.  I don't need to do this workaround
> on 640x480.

I have a file named myth-start in my "~/.kde/Autostart/" directory with
the following lines:

#!/bin/bash
sudo nvtv -t -S NTSC -r 800,600 -C SVHS -s Large#
sudo nice --9 mythfrontend

Of course I had to get "sudo" installed and this is what my /etc/sudoers
file says:

root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
mythtv  ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/nvtv
mythtv  ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/nice

I've never have had any problems like you describe... I wonder if the
difference is in our XFConfig files or in the actual tv's??

Anyway, note that I niced myfrontend pretty low, I found that it seems
to help the stuttering of the sound...

And as always, I never *really* know what I'm talking about so if you
fry your brand new HDTV with nvtv... well, good luck next time.

-jose-