[mythtv-users] nuexport questions

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 17:58:54 EDT 2003

Okay, I ran mythtranscode, toolame and ffmpeg manually... the problem would
appear to be either ffmpeg's ability to handle raw video input (unlikely),
or mythtranscode's ability to output raw video from an RTjpeg-encoded Myth
.nuv file (more likely).  ffmpeg appears to see 3 frames of video and then
hang.  Given the fact that other people (well, at least you) use this script
OK with the same version of ffmpeg & recent Myth CVS, I'm left with the only
variable:  RTjpeg vs. MPEG-4 or MPEG-2 hardware encode.  I'm transcoding one
of my recordings to MPEG-4 right now to see if (a) transcoding from RTjpeg
works at all, and if the transcode works, then (b) if I can produce an SVCD
from the transcoded recording.  I'll post my results.

-JAC