[mythtv-users] Recording from composite input

Chris Siwiec csiwiec at ftdi.com
Thu Sep 4 15:34:33 EDT 2003

I just tried this recently and had a hard time with it.  I setup the
composite up in myth setup .  I was able to switch to the composite input
using 'c' on the keyboard, but when it came to recording using instant
recording it didn't work( cvs version 2 days ago ish).  Since I only record
off composite once in a while I used the perl script that came with IVTV
drivers in the utils folder called "record-v4l2.pl"  there are good readme's
in there on how to use.

Command I used was
record-v4l2.pl -i 5 -o test.mpg
 ctrl c will stop record ...  there is also a -t switch for time in seconds
ie -t 2700 = 45 mins

running record-v4l2.pl by itself will give you all the options/switches

BTW .. Mythtv was all over a slashdot article today in case anyone cares.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/04/147221&mode=thread&tid=129&tid=1
37&tid=188