[mythtv-users] Adaptec Videoh! + Pinnacle PCTV

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Wed Sep 3 20:55:00 EDT 2003

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppdetail.html?prodkey=AVC-2310

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1008&Langue_ID=7

I was looking at one of these today.  It's a USB box that does MPEG-2
encryption/decryption for you and appears to take some commands from software
for PVR and such.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this and tried applying it to
mythTV.

It seems to me encouraging that everything could be bundled up into a USB
interface device.  My guess is that the output is just a streamed file and
that you just have to pipe up commands to it on when to record.

Has this been tried with MythTV?

--
Try to value useful qualities in one who loves you.