[mythtv-users] Nehemiah Performance

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Sep 3 18:36:46 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 05:29 pm, rwk at americom.com wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there are compile time options to try the hardware
> decoder?

Uncomment the two lines at the bottom of settings.pro in CVS, make distclean,
make, etc.  Get the VeXP player working, first, so that you know that the
drivers are installed properly, though.

 http://sourceforge.net/projects/viaexp/

Still a bunch of issues with it, but you should be able to see how much CPU it
uses (20-30% for 720x480 4.5/6 mbps mpeg2 files generated by the pvr-250)

> Is there a chance it will work with the RH9 driver in:
> CLEXF40030/RedHat/9.0/c3

You _should_ be using the pentium version of the driver.

Isaac