[mythtv-users] Re: XBOX DCT2000 Questions.

Eric Smith eric.smith at datacert.com
Wed Sep 3 17:00:36 EDT 2003

Thanks Michael and Reza for your quick responses.

Reza, I know that this is a silly question but what exactly is the
syntax for the &. I looked in the shell man page but it did not give
anything that was obvious. Currently I am using a python script called
directly from myth. My script is called "remote.py"

Michael,
Yes I would like to try the patch however I assume I will have to switch
from using ebuilds back to using csv to apply the patch. I think this
pretty simply under mandrake however since I am using gentoo and emerge
I am not sure what the steps would be. Is it simply as download the csv,
apply the patch and "make, make install" ? Do I then break the portage?

I also believe that the install directories are a little different under
the portage  /usr/bin vs /usr/local/bin and so forth.  I will need to
modify the MakeFile to install.

Thanks
E.S.