[mythtv-users] Writing VCD and SVCD

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Sep 3 09:11:05 EDT 2003

> I had the same problem with my channel numbers having 1 and 2 digits.

I can fix this easily enough.  My installation of myth started numbering
the channels at 1000 (chanid, not channum), so I just assumed that was
standard practice.  I'll post a fixed version in a couple of minutes.

> Why are some features deactivated?

Mainly because I've updated the internal format of much of the code, and
those routines are no longer up to date.  But there is also some issue
with non-cvs versions of mencoder (used for divx and wmv) not being able
to handle raw stream inputs (which it would need to do in order to use
mythtranscode -- changes to the nuv file format make the current
encoding methods used end up with sync problems).  As for plain old vcd,
I just don't have settings for encoding them, and since they're inferior
to svcd, it hasn't been a high priority to find some.

As I've said before, I'm MORE than happy to accept new export routines
if anyone wants to write them.

> Can nuvexport transocde recordings made using hardware mpeg encoders
> (PVR 350) or nuppel video only?

Either should work, but you'll have to get the final word from Geoff
(mythtranscode author - hope I spelled his name right)

-Chris