[mythtv-users] Audio - Sync and Muting issues

Chris chris.rickert at mchsi.com
Tue Sep 2 02:12:54 EDT 2003

My 0.11 Myth has been working flawless since it came out.  Then today I
added mythweather - which is cool and coincidentally, my audio started
the typically crazy behavior.

With line in muted and set to capture using alsamixer, I start the
frontend.  I go to watch tv and the video looks great but no audio.
Then I return to the mixer and unmute line in.  Of course the audio
comes on but out of sync. Then when I shut down the frontend, the audio
from the last tv channels remains playing through the speakers.

Got an AMD 2200 with an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard.  A few months old.  I
have been using the onboard audio.  Mandrake 9.1 with the alsa sound
oss.  Also using Thac's myth RPM's. All has been working great up until
a few hours back.

artsd is not on.  esd is not on.  I have several tv shows recorded and
they all play fine with video and audio.

I read a little on the archives and found some similar issues but didn't
see that it was addressed with the new release.

I went back and refreshed myself on the audio troubleshooting section.
However, when I run Xawtv and then aplay /dev/dsp, nothing plays out my
speakers with the line in muted and set to capture.  Wierd.

Any help would be appreciated.