[mythtv-users] Mythpower guinea pigs wanted...

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Mon Sep 1 20:07:23 EDT 2003

Hello Calvin,

CH> Over the weekend I've put together a little perl script to handle power
CH> management on a mythtv setup.  Currently it permits the computer to
CH> autoboot and shutdown depending on it's recording schedule.  I would
CH> like some folks to go through the docs, try it out and make any
CH> suggestions for improvement.  I am hoping that it will be added to
CH> contrib directory at some point in the future.

How  does  this script handle watching live tv? I mean, I don't want it to close
down  when I'm watching tv :) With that in mind, I guess this script will become
useless  if  you  leave the box running in LiveTV (guess that's easy to remember
though).

I'll try out the wakeup program later, last time I tried with VDR I couldn't get
it working.

--
Best regards,
 Oscar                            mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se