[mythtv-users] Re:Mythweb version 0.11 no previews

Ray Gaida rtgaida at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 07:50:57 EDT 2003

>most likely cause is the user that runs your http
>server (apache?) doesn't
>have write permissions to the directory (images for
>mythweb and image_cache
>for mythweb2

The http server is apache. It is running mythweb2. I
was getting errors about image_cache not being able to
be created, so I created it as root and the error went
away. I am guessing that wasn't the complete fix.

I have apache set up as a daemon, and it autostarts at
boot.(RH9) I am assuming that root runs it:

$ps -fu root
..snip..

root      3537     1  0 Aug29 ?     00:00:00
/usr/sbin/httpd

..snip..

Maybe I am missing something else, or I do not have
the httpd set up properly as root. Any suggestions on
where to look or what to do?

Thanks,

Ray