[mythtv-users] mythtranscode stops at beginning of transcode, mencoder seg fault cause

TKY barba_papa76 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:02:40 EST 2003

I recently upgraded to myth 0.12 on my myth PVR250 system, in order to get a working mythtranscode, but found it would stop right at the beginning of transcoding.  I also found that after upgrading mplayer and other things, mencoder stopped working also, and was seg faulting write after starting the AVI header.

After rebuilding mplayer, xvid and reinstalling divx to track down why the mythtranscode was failing, and why I also couldn't run mencoder without it seg faulting, I found that it was lame that was causing the seg faulting.  Seems like lame 3.94 is causing this bug, so after downgrading to lame 3.93.  All problems were fixed.

You can downgrade by running the following if you are running apt:

apt-get install lame=3.93.1-1 lame-devel=3.93.1-1