[mythtv-users] Up and running, but have some questions/issues

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Oct 31 10:46:50 EST 2003

> Here it goes... Watching a LiveTV and recordings last night I noticed a
> few things.
>
> The commercial skip seemed to be working ok at first, then it started to
> skip too early. It would leave the show 10 or 15 sec early and start
> again near the end of the commercial, with some of the commercial still
> left. Strict Commercial Detection is checked. Maybe it shouldn't be?

Are you using blank frame detection or scene change?  If blank-frame,
start watching a recording with this problem and then go into edit mode
and see whether the commercial start/end marks line up with where the
commercials actually start/end.  Also see if there are blank frames
around the place that Myth thinks the commercial start/ends.

--

Chris