[mythtv-users] RH9 and PVR-350: lirc and ivtv

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Thu Oct 30 23:59:58 EST 2003

> I think someone already answered this (I've been somewhat
> out of the loop for a few days due to an impending new job),
> but either /dev/dsp or /dev/video0 would be the places to
> look first.
All my devices are owned by mythtv, group root, with rw for the owner and
nothing for anyone else.

It just struck me to check permissions on the recording directory - it and
the files therein are owned by root but the group permissions allow
reading - related?

> > Thanks again to Jarod - have you got a wishlist at Amazon,
> > ThinkGeek, anywhere?
> I don't. But now I wish I did! ;p However, I'd say the first
> person to be gifted with anything should be Isaac.
That's what you get for writing emails late at night, way past bed time. I
can't believe I was so dumb as to not think of that. Whilst Jarod's HOWTO
undoubtedly rocks and has helped a TON of people, for which I'd like to give
something back, it really IS a case of hats off to Isaac for all the hard
work and effort he puts in.

Isaac: Got a wishlist anywhere? (and if not, GET ONE! There's a bunch of
people that'd like to get stuff for you I reckon)

Cheers
Paul