[mythtv-users] nForce2 Chipset

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 30 20:23:15 EST 2003

On Oct 28, 2003, at 11:37 PM, DanM wrote:

>> > video section a note that says you may need to add: Option
>> > "ConnectedMonitor" "TV" I had to put that in before it would work.
>> >

>>  Huh. I used to have that in there, but pulled it out, because I had
>>  better results letting the system auto-detect the attached displays.
>>  That's the first I've heard of a system NOT working without that. Do
>>  you by chance not have your video cable straight from the video card
>>  to the TV (routed through an amp, possibly)?
> I've had it routed every which way :-)  Straight into tv, into
> reciever.  Currently its routed into the reciever.

Most of the time, when run through a receiver, the card won't properly
auto-detect your TV, so I'm not surprised you have to use the specific
setting. Does it also not work when connected directly to the TV?

>>  There are a few more differences, actually. The 620 has two LEDs (one
> I really which the 610 had a dang hd led sometimes.

Ah, I didn't know which one it was missing...

>>  HD, one power) versus one on the 610, and the 620 has more front
>>  ports (IIRC, the 610 has audio and USB, while the 620 has audio, USB
> 610 has usb and firewire, no audio.  My mobo has the connectors to
> hookup front panel audio, but like you I doubt I would ever use it.

Ah, I knew it was missing something. Thank you for the clarification.
But yeah, I don't use any of them anyhow... (some aren't even hooked up
to the board anymore).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE