[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV Out

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 10:13:45 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 21:27, James Pifer wrote:
> >From what I've read on my searches, to get the TV Out working with the
> PVR 350 takes a lot of work, compiling, and headaches.
Well, to get tv-out working is not that big a problem... except that it
may crash every once in a while...  it is alpha software...

> I've already installed the decoder_alpha ivtv.
> I have the TVOut enabled in MythTV setup.
> Still doesn't work.
"...doesn't work" does not give us much to go on.  What are the
symptoms?  ie, what happens when you do the "dd..." stuff that's on the
instructions?  Actually, have you read them, they're kind of hidden
inside the file ivtv-fb.h.

> I read that you have to recompile MythTV for frame buffer support?
If you have the pvr-350 tv out enabled in myth then you've already
compiled it.

> I read you have to modify X for frame buffer support?
read ivtv-fb.h.  I think you might have to recompile your kernel for
framebuffer support (I'm not sure what redhat comes with, I use Debian
woody)

> I also read that using S-Video provides much better picture quality?
I haven't tried it.  comp. video out works flawlessly for me so I'll
stick with it for the time being.

> Are these correct?
> Anyone have this working on Redhat 9 and able to provide any insight?
>
> This may be a dumb question, but when enabling TV out on the 350, does
> that include both video and audio, or just video? (I assume both)
both

> So far I love what I have working. Thanks to the developers and for the
> people on this list dealing with my many posts the last few days. If I
> can get the output and lirc working I'll be in pretty good shape.
>
> Thanks,
> James

-jose-